The 10 Best YouTube Covers Of All Time!
There are a ton of great musicians that we hear on the radio or through our streaming apps every single day. However, some of the best are still waiting for their big break on YouTube. They sometimes post original content as well, but we all know that covers of our favorite songs gain the most traction. Some are artists you know and some are greats that you may have not come across yet. Here, in no particular order, are 10 of the best YouTube covers of all time.
1. “Somebody That I used To Know” – Gotye Covered by Walk Off The Earth
I personally like this version a million times better than the original. Walk Off The Earth has become very successful thanks to their YouTube covers. The Canadian band was signed by Columbia Records just a month after this cover was posted to YouTube and released their LP R.E.V.O. in 2013. The band is currently touring in Europe until August for their latest album Sing It All Away.
2. “We Are Young” – Fun: Covered by Pentatonix
Pentatonix got their start on “The Sing-Off” on NBC, where they met one day before their audition. Afterwards they began, and continue, posting covers on YouTube while releasing original content. They released their fourth album in 2015, but it was their first album with originals.
3. “Demons” – Imagine Dragons: Covered by Boyce Avenue Feat. Jennel Garcia
Boyce Avenue is one of YouTube’s best assets when it comes to covers. Every video they post is so good and they collaborate with just about every great cover artist YouTube has to offer.
4. “In The End” – Linkin Park: Covered by Ten Second Songs
No doubt you’ve heard Anthony Vincent’s covers, even if you don’t know him by name. His uniquely done Ten Second Songs have made their way around social media many times – each one better than the last.
5. “Billie Jean” – Michael Jackson: Covered by The Civil Wars
Unfortunately The Civil Wars broke up in 2014 after going on to win four Grammys together.
6. “Creep” – Radiohead: Covered by Daniela Andrade
Andrade’s version of “Creep” is terribly haunting and will stick with you.
7. “When We Were Young” – Covered by Todrick Hall with Apollo Link
Hall’s YouTube videos are basically everything and his covers are top notch.
8. “Stay” – Rhianna Feat. Mikky Ekko: Covered by Megan Nicole
Nicole was signed by Bad Boy Records in 2012 and is currently touring in America and Canada.
9. “Titanium” – David Guetta Feat. Sia: Covered by Christina Grimmie
Grimmie competed on season six of “The Voice” and came in third place. She recently opened for Rachel Platten during her 2016 Wildfire tour.
10. “Thinkin Bout You” – Frank Ocean: Covered by Tori Kelly and Angie Girl
Kelly is and always has been amazing and her many pre-fame YouTube covers and originals prove that.
What are your favorite YouTube covers? Tell us in the comments below.
To listen to even more great music, download the Trebel App.
- 9 Of The Best Acoustic Songs - August 25, 2016
- The Suicide Squad’s Favorite Songs - August 12, 2016
- 45 Female Power Anthems in Honor of Hillary Rodham Clinton at The DNC - July 28, 2016
- Game of Fame: Taylor Swift vs. Kanye West continues - July 21, 2016
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Tori Kelly - May 24, 2016